Stars ‘n Stripes Dinnerware
Designer: Carmen Allen
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-618 #8 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the top of the salad and charger plates.
- Section off about 1/3 of both plates and cover that section with paper.
- Fill an AC-222 Large Writer Tip bottle with SC-74 Hot Tamale. Drizzle this back and forth in the same direction across both the plates.
- Remove the paper and cut out some stars with the paper star punch. Adhere the stars to the blank section using some water or a little bit of FN-001 White. Be sure you know how many stars you apply.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-019 Dark Blue to that section of both plates.
- Remove the stars before the glaze dries.
- Using a CB-618 #8 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-004 Red to the back of the plates.
- For the dinner plate, use a CB-618 #8 Soft Fan and apply 3-4 coats of FN-004 Red to the top of the plate and 3 coats of FN-019 Dark Blue to the back of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.
- MB-1115 Casualware Salad Plate
- MB-1116 Casualware Dinner Plate
- MB-1117 Casualware Charger Plate
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- FN-001 White
- FN-004 Rd
- FN-019 Dark Blue
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-618 #8 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- AC-222 Large Writer Tip
- Star Paper Punch
- Copy Paper