1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the Soft Fan with EL-146 Rain Cloud, apply two coats to the bottom half of the vase. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
3. Using the Soft Fan with EL-144 Dark Amethyst, apply two coats to the top half of the vase. Overlap around an inch with the bottom coats. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
4. Using the scissors, cut the barn out from the pattern. Trace the outline of the barn using the pencil. It should be positioned near the center of the lower half of the vase.
5. Using the pencil, sketch in the details on the barn. Add a fence below the barn.
6. Using the Detail Liner with SG-402 White, apply one coat to the siding on the barn.
7. Using the Detail Liner with SG-403 Red, apply one coat to the roof of the barn.
8. Using the Detail liner with SG-401 Black, outline the barn and add accent lines.
9. Use SG-401 to trace over the fence.
10. On the DSS-0110 Botanical – Trees screen, locate the tree. Draw an outline around it in permanent marker. Cut it out with excess screen around the edges.
11. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more silkscreen medium or glaze.
12. Place the tree to the left of the barn. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed silkscreen medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing.
13. Fire to cone 06.