1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Cut out the ornament pattern. Place pattern onto the clay canvas and trace the outline of the ornament.
3. Use the Script Liner to apply one coat of FN-001 White Foundations to the ornament, going slightly past the outline.
4. Wet the paper cut out of the ornament and place onto the painted ornament. Gently press the paper to ensure edges are sealed. Use a damp sponge to remove glaze that extends beyond the pattern.
5. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-2 Melon-Choly to around the ornament. Let dry.
6. Place the SL-437 Groovy Stencil diagonally on top of the canvas. Use the 2″ foam roller to apply SC-29 Blue Grass to the stencil. Hold the roller handle at the tip, applying gentle pressure to avoid color bleeding underneath the edges of the stencil. Roll in all different directions to get the best coverage.
7. Turn the Groovy Stencil in the opposite diagonal and repeat the rolling process. Tip: You may wish to place a piece of paper over the previously stenciled area to avoid overlap. Remove the paper ornament.
8. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-45 My Blue Heaven to the upper and lower sections of the ornament. Use the same brush to apply two coats of SC-78 Lime Light to the center and lower bands.
9. Use the foam roller to apply SC-29 Blue Grass to the ST-116 Floral Flourish stamp. Press the stamp onto the center band.
10. Use the tip of the Script Liner to apply dots of SC-29 Blue Grass to the rest of the ornament.
11. Use the Liner with SC-29 Blue Grass to outline the ornament and separate the inside sections. Use the same brush with SC-15 Tuxedo to add detail to the cap and create a wire from the top of the ornament extending to the edge of the canvas.
12. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-29 Blue Grass to the sides of the canvas.
13. Stilt and fire to cone 06.