1. Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Brush on two coats of FN-001 White to the inside of the bird feeder and the base, with CB-604 Soft Fan.
3. Punch out a number of 1 Inch circles, wet the paper, stick to the inside and base of the feeder as shown.
4. With the fan brush over the bowl and base of the feeder with three coats of SC-65 Peri-twinkle use CB-604 Soft Fan. Remove the paper circles.
5. When dry, thicken S-2101 Clear with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, using a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter. Deepen the color by adding food coloring.
6. Use the palms and the flamingo from DSS-147 Island, rub the thickened mixture over the screens with the shiny side down. This screening is for color placement only.
7. Brush one coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail over the flamingos to block out the blue glaze, then brush with two coats of SC-2 Melon-choly, use CB-106 Script Liner. Brush SC-16 Cotton Tail on the section of the beak before the black end.
8. Brush two coats of SC-48 Camel Back to the palm trunks, the palm leaves use three colors of green, SC-77 Glo-worm, SC-27 Sour Apple, and SC-10 Teal Next Time, two coats.
9. Let dry, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter using a palette knife. Lay the screen over the painted images, line them up so they fit exactly, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Screen all the palms and the two flamingos in this manner.
10. Let dry, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear using CB-604 Soft Fan over the top and bottom, fuse together during the firing.
11. Fire to cone 05/06.