1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-86 Old Lace to the tray. When dry, use the Soft Fan to float the edges with thinned SC-25 Crackerjack Brown.
3. When dry, silkscreen the DSS-0144 Background Script to the tray. Position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Gently clean the screen with water.
Silkscreening: Place SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. if the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
4. Trace the pattern onto the piece.
5. Brush one coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail to all the flowers and leaves. This will help block the color on the tray.
8. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-7 Leapin’ Lizard to the leaves, SC-55 Yella Bout It to the light yellow flowers, SC-23 Jack O’Lantern to the orange flowers, SC-24 Dandelion to the medium yellow flowers and SC-85 Orkid to the purple flowers.
9. Brush the vase with three coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail, screen the DSS-103 Flourish screens onto the vase.
10. Outline with SC-15 Tuxedo use CB-110 Liner.
11. Fire to cone 05/06.