Cinnabar and Frosted Lemon Hippy Mug
Designer: Carmen Allen
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 stoneware bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use a fan brush to apply 3 coats of SW-119 Cinnabar to the entire mug, avoiding the bottom.
- Mask off stripes on the top section of the mug using paper cut outs or masking tape.
- Use a fan brush to apply 2 coats of SW-169 Frosted Lemon to the top section of the mug.
- Allow to dry and remove the masked stripes.
- Use a clean sponge to wipe any excess glaze off of the foot.
- Fire to cone 5/6. (Sample was fired to cone 6)
- SW-119 Cinnabar
- SW-169 Frosted Lemon
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- MC-001 6mm (1/4″) Masking Tape