- Begin with properly fired cone 04 stoneware bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use a fan brush to apply 2 coats of SW-173 Amber Quartz to the entire vase, inside and out, avoiding the bottom.
- Use a fan brush to apply 2 coats of SW-180 Desert Dusk to the outside of the vase, below the neck, avoiding the bottom.
- To achieve the blues and purples in the photo, use heavy coats and a good amount of crystals.
- Use a clean sponge to wipe any excess glaze off of the foot.
- Fire to cone 5/6. (Sample was fired to cone 6)
Note: Amber Quartz is the base glaze of Desert Dusk. If you do not have Amber Quartz, you can still achieve this with just Desert Dusk by not applying any crystals to the neck of the vase.