Fall Bounty Platter
Designer: William Pulse
- In the 4 oz. jar mix 1 part UG-57 Spice Brown with 1 part UG-213 Cinnamon. Stir and shake well to make sure the color is blended well.
- To the well cleaned greenware apply 3 coats of the Fundamental UG mixture using CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Fire to Shelf Cone 04.
- On a tile mix 3 parts FN-001 White with 1 part FD-298 Pure White. Mix well with a Pallet Knife. Using a dampened Mediterranean Sponge apply 2-3 coats to the entire piece. The glaze surface should have a high-low texture to it after applying the glaze coats. There should be no bare spots showing the underlying color to peak through. Let dry.
- Use the pattern as your guide to paint in the design with the noted Stroke and Coat colors using CB-404 Pointed Round. Place the colors out separately onto a tile and thin with a drop or two of water for brushability. The SC-36 Irish Luck should be thinned to an ink like consistency for painting.TIP: Here are some of the major points when painting the pattern. The shading on the pumpkin has a highlight of SC-39 on the top portions of the sections. Two coats of SC-23 Jack O’Lantern is best with the darker orange color towards the bottom of the pumpkin sections. The leaves have the darkest colors up next to the gourds and pumpkin. Berries have a highlight made with a water moistened brush to rub out a highlight. Pear shaped gourd has the lighter green towards the stem and darker gold color towards the bottom. The acorn squash has the teal color towards the bottom with the dark green towards the top. The acorn leaves are green towards the center with the tips the lighter golds/oranges. The teardrop leaves have the thinned red color to one side with the dark green on the other half, overlap the colors to blend. Let dry.
- Use SG-406 Brown to detail the pattern keeping the lines as fine as possible.
- Thin some SG-406 Brown with water to a milk consistency. Use the Spatter Brush or Old Stiff Toothbrush to spatter the ware. Let dry.
- Apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing using CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Stilt and Fire to Shelf Cone 05-06.
- CD957 Large Oval Platter (Greenware)
- UG-57 Spice Brown
- UG-213 Cinnamon
- FN-001 White
- SC-5 Tiger Tail
- SC-10 Teal Next Time
- SC-23 Jack O’Lantern
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-36 Irish Luck
- SC-39 Army Surplus
- SC-52 Toad-ly Green
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-87 Ruby Slippers
- FD-258 Pure White
- SG-406 Brown
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB-404 Pointed Round
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- Tile or Pallet
- 4 oz jar with lid
- Mediterranean (Seawool) Sponge
- Pallet Knife
- Old still Toothbrush or Spatter Brush