1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. On a plate, tint S-2101 Clear with green food coloring and sprinkle AC-310 Silkscreen Medium into the clear. Use a palette knife to mix, to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the screens from DSS-0152 Day of the Dead, shiny side down, and rub the mix over the screen. This is for color placement only.
3. Use the Script Liner and Liner to apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the heart and two coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the flame. Apply two coats of the colors of your choice to the circular fans. Let dry.
4. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo as in step two, place the silkscreen design over the painted design and rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Gently clean the screen.
5. Wet a section of cheesecloth and wring out excess water. Lay the cloth flat on a solid surface then use your fingers to widen the spaces and curve the cheesecloth. Use the foam roller to apply SC-15 Tuxedo to the cloth. Place the cheesecloth over the skull and press with a dry sponge to transfer the design to the skull. Remove the cheesecloth, repeat for remaining sections of the skull.
6. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the inside of the skull.
7. Use SG-401 Black to outline the teeth and mouth. Optional: use SG-401 Black Designer Liner to outline the facets.
8. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
9. Fire to cone 05/06.