1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Cut out the shape of the truck, minus the fruit. Cut out the wheels separately.
3. Trace the outline of the truck and wheels onto the canvas. Apply one coat of UG-51 China White to the penciled area. Re-wet the China White by brushing with water, then place the paper cut outs onto the wet surface. Use a paper towel to remove excess water, smooth out any wrinkles and ensure the edges are sealed.
4. Pour UG-46 Bright Yellow, UG-203 Squash Yellow and UG-58 Harvest Gold onto a tile. Use the plastic card to pick up UG-203 Squash Yellow with UG-46 Bright Yellow, keeping the Bright Yellow to the center section of the canvas. Hold the card almost flat against the canvas, drag on the color. It will blend as it is dragged. Use UG-58 Harvest Gold to the area under the truck. Apply two coats, you should not see the bisque through the Underglaze.
5. Hold the SL-456 Camo Stencil down on the canvas, using the foam roller to apply UG-19 Electra Blue over the stencil, going different directions for best application. Fill in the background as shown with the pattern. Leave the space from the middle of the truck to the end of the canvas plain.
6. Remove the paper truck and wheels.
7. Use CB-106 #6 Script Liner, or CB-408 #8 Pointed Round to apply three coats of UG-207 Flame Red to the body of the truck and three coats of UG-53 Silver Grey to the grill.
8. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of UG-51 China White to the center of the wheels and two coats of UG-50 Jet Black to the tires and fenders.
9. Use SL-455 Tire Track Stencil to make the pattern under the truck. Use the foam roller to apply UG-50 Jet Black over the stencil, rolling in different directions.
10. Place some UG-50 Jet Black on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat®. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
11. Use the small fruit from DSS-0121 Fruit, position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out. Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen as this can damage the screen.
12. Use the Liner and Script Liner to apply three coats of the following colors: UG-53 Wild Violet to the grapes, UG-203 Squash Yellow and UG-21 Leaf Green to the pineapple, UG-216 Peach to the watermelon and UG-207 Flame Red to the cherries.
13. Line the same fruit screens over the painted images. Re-screen the thickened UG-50 Jet Black over the painted fruit.
14. Detail the truck with UG-50 Jet Black using the Liner.
15. Wet the Script Liner and use the float UG-50 Jet Black in the window, behind the truck, behind the rear wheel and under the front panel to create a shadow.
16. Use the Round brush to apply two coats of UG-50 Jet Black to the sides of the canvas.
17. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing glaze to the truck, wheels and fruit.
18. Fire to cone 04.