Leaf Pattern Stoneware Bowl and Mug
Designer: Carmen Allen
- Begin with soft fired stoneware bisque.
- Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use a soft fan to apply 3 coats of SW-141 White Matte to the inside of the bowl/outside of the mug (avoiding the rim).
- Use a palette knife to mix the AC-310 Silkscreen Medium with each underglaze color until it is the thickness of peanut butter. Use your finger to apply the thickened mixture through the leaf screen. You can use the screen repeatedly for the same color, but be sure to rinse and thoroughly dry between colors.
- Use a fan and liner brush to apply 3 coats of SW-203 Root Beer to the inside/back and rim; avoiding the foot.
- Use a clean sponge to wipe the excess glaze off of the foot.
- Fire to cone 5/6. (Sample was fired to cone 6)
- SB-106 Rimmed Bowl
- SB-108 Contemporary Mug
- SW-141 White Matte
- SW-203 Root Beer
- UG-34 Chestnut Brown
- UG-58 Harvest Gold
- UG-208 Dragon’s Red
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- DSS-111 Botanical Leaves