1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Use the Script Liner to apply three thinned coats of SC-20 Cashew Later to the flesh areas. Use a sponge to sponge the cheeks with SC-2 Melon-Choly.
3. Use the Script Liner to float or shade around the edges of the flesh areas with SC-48 Camel Back.
4. Use the Liner to apply two coats of SC-2 Melon-Choly to the star. When dry, then apply a thinned coat of SC-22 Carrot Top.
5. Use the Script Liner to apply two or three coats of SC-45 My Blue Heaven to the bikini top. Use the Soft Fan to My Blue Heaven to the top of the fishtail and into the middle. Add SC-11 Blue Yonder to the brush to darken the sides and middle (around and into the My Blue Heaven area) to fade the colors. Add SC-29 Blue Grass to the Blue Yonder brush for the remainder of the tail. Apply three coats with this process. Remove the glaze in the fine detail with a toothpick so the detail shows.
6. Use the Script Liner to apply one coat of SC-29 Blue Grass to the shell in the mermaid’s hair. Wipe off so the glaze stays in the detail
7. Use the Script Liner to apply two or three coats of SC-80 Basketball and SC-22 Carrot Top to the mermaid’s hair. Apply in the direction of the hair, alternating the color and overlapping. Use SC-89 Ruby Slippers to brush into the shadow areas of the hair.
8. Dot the beads with SC-16 Cotton Tail. Scrape out the glaze from the eyes and use the Liner to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail. The iris is two thinned coats of SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue; the pupil and eyelashes are SC-15 Tuxedo.
9. Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of SG-701 Star Dust to the mermaid’s tail and one coat of NT-BR Clear Brushing Glaze to the remainder of the mermaid.
10. Fire to cone 05/06.