1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Use AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil or pencil to trace the pattern onto the penguin.
3. For the red flower load the CB-106 #6 Script Liner with SC-63 Candy Apple Red, and tip the brush with SC-97 Cant-elope. Press the tip next to the center and pull the brush to the end of the petal – lifting the brush near the end. Each petal requires two of these strokes. Apply SC-27 Sour Apple to the center of the flower.
4. Blue flower – repeat as in step 3, but use SC-33 Fruit of the Vine and SC-11 Blue Yonder.
5. Yellow flower – repeat as in previous steps, but use SC-24 Dandelion and SC-97 Cant-elope.
6. Purple flower – repeat as in prevous steps, but use SC-97 Cant-elope and SC-33 Fruit of the Vine.
7. Thin SC-11 Blue Yonder and SC-24 Dandelion to a wash consistency. Apply to the background of the shirt.
8. The leaves are SC-27 Sour Apple with the brush tipped with SC-26 Green Thumb. Use the CB-110 #10/0 Liner to outline each of the flowers and centers with SC-15 Tuxedo.
9. Apply two coats of SC-15 Tuedo to show the outline of the penguin’s coat. Apply two coats of SC-97 Cant-elope under the beak.
10. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear to the penguin.
11. Fire to cone 05/06.