1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Starting 2.5″ up from the bottom of the canvas, place the pattern on top of the AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and place both sheets on the bisque. Only one side of the AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper transfers so test before tracing the entire design. Use a pen or pencil to trace the pattern.
3. All of the color on this project is applied with a plastic card hotel room key, loyalty card or plastic card; a squeegee will also work. You will apply all the colors once then go back a second time for two coats. Use the picture and pattern for a visual reference and for color placement.
4. With the card, pick up SC-81 Cinnamon Stix and SC-87 Ruby Slippers about 50/50 on the end of the card. Glazing left to right and starting with the first house, drag the card horizontally to the end of the first house on the left side. Repeat to cover the house.
5. The second house: Again left to right, pick up SC-60 Silver Lining with a small amount of SC-15 Tuxedo on the card or squeegee and drag across to the third house.
6. The third house: repeat the process with SC-29 Blue Grass and SC-28 Blue Isle. Picking up color on the plastic card or squeegee and dragging left to right across the house.
7. The fourth house: SC-28 Blue Isle and SC-91 Seabreeze.
8. The fifth house: SC-11 Blue Yonder.
9. The last house: SC-81 Cinnamon Stix.
10. Repeat the colors again but add in a small amount of SC-15 Tuxedo to shade the second, third and last house.
11. The roofs are treated the same, refer to photo for color placement.
12. For the background and sky, use the card to one coat of each color near the roof lines: SC-81 Cinnamon Stick, and SC-29 Blue Grass, blend the rest of the sky with SC-28 Blue Grass and SC-11 Blue Yonder. Use the credit card like a palette knife to fill the space.
13. For the foreground or area underneath the houses: Apply the color with the card in a vertical direction. Pick up the color in the same manner as before.
14. House one: Use SC-81 Cinnamon Stix with SC-15 Tuxedo from the bottom of the house to the bottom of the canvas.
15. Houses two & three: Pick up SC-91 Seabreeze with a small amount of SC-15 Tuxedo and SC-81 Cinnamon Stix.
16. Last three houses: pick up a small amount of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SC-81 Cinnamon Stix, add in SC-11 Blue Yonder at the middle space. This is a blending so it doesn’t have to be perfect or precise.
17. In the sky area: Pick up SG-501 Sculpting Medium and, in a knock down fashion, drag one coat of the Sculpting Medium across the sky area of the canvas.
18. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife. See the directions on the Designer Silkscreen, or watch the video on Mayco’s YouTube channel, for proper consistency.
19. Using the DSS-0103 Flourishes, with the shiny side up, screen the section of flourish onto a couple of houses as shown.
20. When dry outline all the houses with SG-401 Designer Liner Black or use the CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner with thinned SC-15 Tuxedo. Without clear glaze Designer Liner will be matte and have texture; clear glaze will provide gloss.
21. Use the card to apply two coats of SC-29 Blue Grass to the sides of the canvas.
22. Fire to cone 06.