1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Use the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-001 White to the front of the plate.
3. Use the 1/2″ Tape to mark off the border of the inside of the plate.
4. Pencil in the corners of the border and measure to the middle of all the sides., Mark with a pencil line.
5. Thicken SC-74 Hot Tamale with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife, to the consistency of peanut butter.
6. Tape off the section of the border to be screened. Only half of a border side can be screened before the tape will need to be moved. Start in a corner to the middle of a long side, tape off the corner and on the other half of the side, place the small stripe screen at an angle to the corner. Then, with the shiny side up, rub the thickened SC-74 Hot Tamale over the Stripes screen to the middle tape edge.
7. Remove the tape on the center of the middle. Tape the striped side and the next corner. Line up the Stripes screen so that it has opposite angles at the middle of the border. On the next screen, re-tape the corner to the screened side. Match up the stripes at the corner and continue around the border matching up all the stripes at the middle angles and the corners.
8. To make the narrow green border, tape off with 1/2″ tape over the stripes. Place a piece of 1/8″ tape next to the 1/2″ tape on the plate top. Tape another piece of 1/2″ tape next to the 1/8″ tape. Remove the 1/8″ tape. Use the CB-106 #6 Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-36 Irish Luck to the open space. Remove the tape.
9. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo as in step 5. Use the penguin screen from DSS-0136 Zoo Animals. With the shiny side down, screen so that the bill is in the center of the plate. Clean the screen, then screen the second penguin so that their bills are almost touching. To do this place the shiny side up to reverse the screen.
10. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-004 Red to the back of the plate.
11. Fire to cone 05/06.