1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Lay the groovy stencil over the top of the box, use a 2″ foam roller with SC-9 Jaded to roll over the stencil, a sponge on a stick can also be used, though, to prevent bleed tap off glaze to apply thinly.
3. Brush the bottom with two coats of FN-001 White while the second coat is wet, squirt on SC-26 Green Thumb and SC-29 Blue Grass from an AC-220 Detailer Bottle, mix and stir the colors mixed with isopropyl alcohol. The formula is 1″ of color, 1/4″ water and 1/2″ of isopropyl alcohol. Pat with a dry sponge as the drying is underway.
4. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter using a palette knife. Use the bugs and large butterfly from DSS-0113 Bug, with the shiny side down, rub the thickened mix over the screen, using your finger.
5. Use CB-110 Liner to fill in the lady bug’s body with 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale.
6. Brush the knob with three coats of CC-102 White Crackle use the CB-604 Soft Fan, brush the edges with two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo, use CB-106 Script Liner.
7. Brush the inside and the lid with two coats of S-2101 Clear.
8. Fire to cone 05/06.
9. Thin slightly black acrylic, brush over the knob, wipe off to reveal the crackle pattern.