Designer: Tim McPherson
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the front of the plate. Allow to dry.
- Mark off 1” bands and a 5”X5” Square to create the flag outline.
- Apply 1” Masking tape to protect the 5” Square and every other stripe.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SG-202 White Cobblestone to the remaining stripes. Apply the 1st coat, and then just as the SG-202 White Cobblestone loses its shine, apply the 2nd coat.
- As the second coat of SG-202 White Cobblestone loses its shine, apply 2 coats of SC-75 Hot Tamale to the stripes using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- When the glaze looses its shine, remove all the masking tape.
- Punch out the desired amount of stars from standard white copy paper.
- Wet the area you wish the star to be in, and press the punched star firmly into place. Repeat till all the stars are down.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SG-202 White Cobblestone as in step # 5.
- Using aCB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue just as the 2nd coat of SG-202 White Cobblestone starts to dry.
- Remove the paper stars before the glaze completely dries.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-004 Red to the back and edges of the plate.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.
- MB-1292 Rectangle- Dinner Plate
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-76 Cara-bein Blue
- FN-001 White
- FN-004 Red
- SG-202 White Cobblestone
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Water color Marker
- 1″ Masking Tape
- Star Shape Paper Punch
- Copy Paper