1. In wet greenware, cut out the 3 poinsettia flowers, the flower at the bottom ruffle, cut the petals, then lift to make them dimensional, roll pieces of clay from the cutout flowers into balls for the center of the flower. Score the clay, wet with water then attach the balls near the ruffle. Cut a one-inch hole in the back for the pinch socket.
2. Clean and fire to cone 04.
3. Place tape over the cut-out forms, thin FN-003 Red slightly, pour to the inside of the tree, roll to coat, pour out the excess glaze. Wipe off glaze that may drip to the front of the tree.
4. Place a quarter size of SG-405 Green on a palette, use CB-106 Script Liner or a Dagger Brush to float wide lines around the wavy branches as shown in the photo. Brush a thinner line of SC-15 Tuxedo using CB-106 Script Liner into the curl of the branch ending in a thin line at the end of the swirl.
5. Brush the inside of the cut-out poinsettias and an edge on the outside of the cut out with two heavy coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale, brush the center dots with SC-6 Sunkissed 2 coats, outline the centers with SC-15 Tuxedo.
6. Use the two-inch foam roller to roll MT-007 Divots Mat with SC-74 Hot Tamale, press to the tree in sections.
7. Clear glaze use CB-604 Soft Fan, two coats.
8. Fire to cone 05/06.