- Begin with properly fired cone 04 stoneware bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Apply 3 coats of SW-181 Night Moth to the piece, allowing the glaze to dry in between coats.
- Apply 3 coats of SW-510 Blue Gloss to the rim and back of the piece, avoiding the foot.
- Use a damp sponge to wipe away any glaze that may have gotten on the foot.
- Apply 2-4 coats of SW-403 White Mudcrack in bands on the piece. The necessary number of coats is dependent upon the thickness of the product. As the glaze dries, it should be cracking, but not curling up and pulling away.
- Fire to cone 5/6. *Sample piece was fired to cone 6*
This project is not dinnerware safe due to the Magma glazes. For decorative use only.