Wavy Stoneware Mugs
Designer: Carmen Allen
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a water-based marker laid flat against the table, draw a line around the bottom of the piece. This is the “no paint line.”
- Use the Soft Fan to apply four coats of SW-250 White Opal to the inside, handle and top inch on the outside rim of the mug.
- Blue Mug: Apply four coats of SW-166 Norse Blue overlapping the White Opal about 1/2″. Make ridges of glaze with the brush for an interesting effect. Orange Mug: Same application using SW-168 Coral Sands.
- Use the sponge to remove any glaze that may have gotten below the “no paint line.”
- Fire to Cone 6 on a kiln washed shelf.
- SB-103 Wavy Mug Stoneware Bisque or CD103+ Wavy Mug Mold
- SW-166 Norse Blue
SW-168 Coral Sands
SW-250 White Opal
- Decorating Accessories
- Miscellaneous Accessories