Designer: Arlene Smith
- Trace pattern on the piece with red pen using clay carbon. Note: Before removing pattern raise up partially to make sure the pattern is completely traced.
- With a damp sponge lightly wipe the piece to remove dust and to condition the piece ready to paint.
- Using French Dimensions, shake and test on a paper towel making sure you have an even flow of product. Holding tip at a 45% angle to the plate outline the pattern. When done all lines should be touching so glaze will stay contained. Allow to dry.
- Place on palette Pumpkin Orange, Ruby Red, and Sun Yellow.
- One petal at a time; using a liner brush, puddle Sun Yellow from top of each petal, continue until the product is 1/3— 1/2 down the petal then pick up Pumpkin Orange on the brush and puddle in the remainder of the petal.
- With the tip of the brush pull the two colors back and forth from center to tip – blending the two colors.
- Repeat step 5 and 6 until all petals are completed.
- Please make sure that all glaze inside the petals is butted up against the piping, if not the color could pull back.
- Using Ruby Red and liner brush, pull color onto each petal giving accent lines, refer to photo 1.
- Using Pumpkin Orange and liner, puddle in the outer circle of center.
- Add Espresso to the palette and with liner brush, puddle in the inner circle of the center.
- Again, check and make sure all glaze is touching piping.
- Add Light Turquoise and Caribbean Blue to the palette.
- On the top of plate: puddle in Light Turquoise to the entire background. Allow to dry, then brush a light coat of Caribbean Blue over the Light Turquoise only.
- Back of plate: with brush apply 2 coats of Light Turquoise, let dry. Using the same brush, apply 1 coat of Caribbean Blue on top of the Light Turquoise.
- With French Dimensions apply dots to the center of flowers, this includes both the Pumpkin Orange and Expresso. Also put a few dots out on the petals, refer to photo 2.
- Allow to dry overnight, then stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
- Remember to remove stilt marks.
- IN1003 Sun Yellow
- IN1005 Ruby Red
- IN1015 Caribbean Blue
- IN1065 Light Turquoise
- IN1693 Espresso
- IN1781 Pumpkin Orange
- FD 254 Black Licorice
- Glaze Brush
- No. 1 Liner
- No. 4 Round
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Palette for Paint
- Paper Towels
- Red Pen
- Water Container
- Replacement Sponge